- Begin with purchasing a NEW, zippered backpack.
- NEW THIS YEAR (2018) - Determine the gender and age for the backpacks, then tie two (2) ribbons on each backpack to designate following the color chart below: (available in the Narthex)
- Blue - Boys
- Pink - Girls
- Yellow - Ages 4-7
- Green - Ages 8-10
- Red - Ages 11-14
- Fill the backpacks with NEW gifts (item list).
- Insert the Christmas Story leaflet into each backpack.
- Securely tie 2 ribbons (see ribbon color key above) to the outside of the backpack.
- Pray specifically for the child receiving the backpack and his or her family.
- RETURN TO FBC NO LATER THAN FRIDAY, OCTOBER 19TH. Backpacks will be distributed to The Valley Church, Norwood, OH.
Week of Prayer for State Missions & the Eliza Broadus Offering
September 9-16, 2018, Offering Sunday, September 16, FBC Goal $5,000.
Operation Christmas Child
Kick off September 30!
Deadline is November 1
We would love to have every Sunday School class and organization participate in this operation.
If you prefer to bring loose items, there will be tubs in the library marked according to the items requested.
- September 30, bring small toy items
- October 7 bring Educational supplies
- October 14 hygiene items
- October 21 and 28 bring other items or choose any of the items from previous weeks
You may choose to fill your own individual box/ boxes. Boxes are available in the library. Make sure to pick up a pamphlet with the labels for boy/ girl and age group. Please mark them correctly. You may return completed boxes back to the library, all boxes will be collected from there.
SS classes and organizations can collect all items until the end of October or place them in the library weekly.
If you have questions, please contact Brenda H., June N, Ruth W, or Gloria H.
Tom Westerfield Memorial Golf Scramble / CCBA Disaster Relief
Saturday, October 6 @ Western Hills Golf Course, Hopkinsville. Cost is $200 per four person team. Fees include Green fees, cart and meal plus team and door prizes. All proceeds will go directly to CCBA Disaster Relief in memory of Tom Westerfield. Deadline is October 1. Completed forms and fees must be turned in to CCBA, 905 N. Drive, Hopkinsville.
- Registration Forms available in the church office OR CLICK HERE.
Global Hunger Relief Sunday
If you would like to read about this opportunity CLICK HERE >>