Students (Grades 7-12)
Yearly Permission Form
March 2-4, 2018
Disciple Now is a special event where you spend a weekend at host homes experiencing awesome recreation, relationship building, God’s Word, and growth in being disciples of Jesus.
What to Bring:
- Your Bible & a pen
- Appropriate clothing: No low cut tops, spaghetti straps, or short-shorts. We’ll all wear our DNOW t-shirts on Sunday
- Toiletry items
- Towels, sleeping bag, & pillow
- Snacks & (2) 2-liter drinks to share
- A GREAT ATTITUDE!
Can I bring my phone? Yes. Students may have their phones with them outside of planned activity and Bible Study times. Phones will be placed in a centralized charging location at bedtime.
If phone usage becomes detrimental to the growth of students during the weekend, the group leader will keep the phone in their possession until designated free times.
If you are found using your phone at inappropriate times, it will be taken up and returned when DNOW is over.
Any other rules/guidelines?
- No drugs or alcohol of any kind. Prescriptions must be clearly labeled and listed on your medical release.
- No smoking (unless it’s BBQ, in which case you have to share)
- No bad attitudes!
- Listen to, respect, & obey adult leaders. Failure to do so probably means you go home.
- Encourage others at all times
- No trash talking or pranks
- Public display of affection (PDA) is not permitted. Keep the focus on God this weekend.
- And of course, come ready to have a GREAT WEEKEND!
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 28
- 5:00 PM: KICKOFF MEETING for students, parents, hosts, & group leaders
FRIDAY, MARCH 2
- 6:15 PM Students meet at CLC to ride by church van to (eat dinner before you come)
- 7:00 PM SESSION 1
- 8:15 PM Break
- 9:00 PM SESSION 2
- 10:15 PM Free time
- 11:30 PM LIGHTS OUT
SATURDAY, MARCH 3
- 7:30 AM RISE AND SHINE: Breakfast
- 9:00 AM SESSION 3
- 10:15 AM Break
- 10:45 AM SESSION 4
- 12:00 PM Lunch
- 2:00 PM Afternoon Activities
- 6:30 PM Doors open @ Hillcrest
- 7:00 PM Evening Worship Service(s) - followed by One-on-One times with Group Leaders @ host home
- 11:30 PM LIGHTS OUT
SUNDAY, MARCH 4
- 7:30 AM RISE AND SHINE: Breakfast & Pack Up
- 9:00 AM Morning Worship Services & Group Time
- 12:00 PM DISMISS
(There are no more student activities on Sunday)
We are currently meeting at Starbucks on Mondays, 4-5pm. Bring your Bible, pen and notebook.
Crowder Concert Opportunity
The "U" ... Coming Soon!
Student Life Summer Camp | Lookout Mountain, GA
StudentLife Camp at Covenant College: June 12th-16th
Cost per person is $350.
The cost covers all lodging, food, and programming for the event. Space is limited and will be on a first come, first serve basis. You can reserve your spot today with a nonrefundable deposit of $50.
Student Life Camp 2018 will explore the characteristics of Yahweh, the one and only living God (Deuteronomy 6:4), as experienced by Moses in Exodus 3-4. Rather than reduce God to a single attribute like "love" or "judge," your students will encounter an Almighty creator God who is above us, with us in His Son Jesus (who declared His own divinity with the "I AM" statements recorded in John), and worthy of our trust because He will never change or fail. Unlike our current culture which suffers from intense "god" confusion, your students will have a clear picture of not only God's character, but also how He relates to His children. They will return home with a firm theological and relational foundation to form a God-centered worldview and decision-making process.